Friday 20 October 2017

Journal Entry #4 What is Newsworthy?

Adam Henrique customized his skates for Movember
Timing- I would give this article a 3/4 for timing because it is about "movember" and a hockey player that is participating in it and it was posted on November 4th which is pretty close to the very first of November when "movember" woukd have started.
Significance- I would give this article a 1/4 for significance because it only effects the one person and not many.
Proximity- I would give this article a 2/4 because the hockey player is on the team New Jersey which isn't close to home, but it also effects us because we watch hockey all around the world.
Prominence- I would give this article a 4/4 for prominence because it effects a famous hockey player who is growing out a mustache, there are millions of people who also grow out their mustaches but don't get noticed but the hockey player did because he is famous.
Human Interest- I would give this article a 1/4 because it doesn't maintain much human interest and it is soft news.
Article here

At Least 26 Dead In Shooting At Texas Baptist Church here
Timing- I would give this article a 4/4 for timing because it was uploaded the day after the tragic incident happened.
Significance- I would give this article a 4/4 for significance because many people were killed in the frightening moment.
Proximity- I would give this article a 2/4 for proximity because the shooting didn't happen in our country but it affected people close to us and people from here could have had family in the accident.
Prominence- I would give this article a 3/4 for prominence because although no one involved in the shooting was famous it still made the news and a big part of it.
Human Interest- I would give this article a 4/4 for human interest because it is hard news that is very important and effects the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment